Based on guidelines set forth by the CDC and local public safety officials, in support of efforts to stop the spread of the corona virus, Portland Public Library will temporarily suspend all meeting room rentals until January 2021.
If you would like to make a reservation for January 1, 2021 or after, please do so. If you have questions, please call 207-871-1700 x721 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will be in contact as soon as possible.
Portland Public Library (PPL) is the city’s cultural center, serving 675,000 visitors annually at four locations and a bookmobile. Chartered in 1867, PPL is Maine’s oldest and largest public library system and is the most visited cultural institution in Maine. We present a wide variety of lectures, classes, exhibits, programs and performances for all ages. The Library rents the Rines Auditorium, the Lewis Gallery, and four meeting rooms on our Lower Level for meetings and events.
Please note we generally prefer four days notice to reserve a space. If your event is in less than four days, please call the Administration Office at 207-871-1700 x756 to see if an exception can be made.
To request a room rental:
- Click on "Register" or "Sign-in" if you already have an account
- Click on "Find A Space"
- Click on "Search" to take you to the list of available spaces
- Choose the room you are interested in renting
- Click on "Request Facility Use"
- Chose "Start New Request" or you can add a date/room to a previous series which should show in the drop-down
- Complete the application and follow directions there
- Once your application has been submitted, it will go to PPL for review and approval or we will be in touch through the messaging system with questions.
- If your request is approved, you will need to accept the Agreement (which will show up after approval) before the meeting is considered "Confirmed".
Meeting Publicity: Group is responsible for its own publicity which should indicate that the event is not Library sponsored. Group is prohibited from making statements in their advertising or meeting announcements that suggests library sponsorship or endorsement.
If you have questions, please call 207-871-1700 x721 or email email@example.com and someone will be in contact as soon as possible.